I found this pretty awesome recipe on Pinterest a few months ago and before I could post about it I had to try it for myself. This pretty simple mix is a true life saver and the best thing about is that most of these items are products are sitting right in your pantry.
Coffee Scrub Recipe:
- Part I
- ½ cup of coffee ground
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of vanilla*
- Part II
- Take a small bowl/container and mix coffee and brown sugar
- Mix coconut oil (make sure it is still solid form) + add olive oil
- Mix them well – if it starts to clump slightly break with spoon & continue mixing
- Add vanilla just because it smells bomb with coffee smell
- Voila! Store away in cool temperatures in small container
**image source unknown – found via Pinterest**
I would recommend doing this body scrub 2-3 times a month because it helps remove dead skin cells as well as restore necessary moisture back into skin. As a person who has crazy (annoying) and sometimes super dry skin I scrub the paste into my problematic areas (my lower back side, between my thighs, under my breasts, my thigh/sides, elbows, knees, and underarms) which as the title says, it exfoliates, tightens, and tones. Another great thing, about this DIY is that you can do this year round – your skin will always be happy when you do it.
Healthy Skin = Happy Skin!
I hope you try this out and let me know how it works for you. I cannot wait to hear your feedback.
With love and light,